Friday, August 13, 2010

Beautiful

Psalm 51:7 “Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.” KJV

As the years pass by, as the clock continues to tick, as the calendar pages turn, I find myself farther and farther from where I used to be, yet somehow, it is also bringing my closer to where I came from… As a girl who was grounded and raised in the Truth, I am returning to my roots…
I come to this point often.. A turning point in my week when I realize how merciful and gracious my God is… I read His word, I pray, but when I see the Lord working in my life, I am at awe of His glory.
I stumble often… Really, if I were being truthful, I would write, I stumble A LOT! Because I do…. I fail, I fall, I am picked up… Each time to be forgiven if I ask…
I remember years ago, when I was living the prodigal life… Drinking, smoking, partying… I would wake up in the morning, cry, and pity myself for the mistakes that I was making.. I always knew the road I was on led to death… I knew that road I was missing led to Him.. I feared Him… I thought He would never forgive… I certainly knew I was having a hard time forgiving myself….. How could He? After all I had done!
After years of destruction and pain, I was faced with my past… Not the past I was running from, but the only part of me that was never going to give up… God was there… Through every missed step, every glass raised, every failed attempt to fill my own void, He was there… I soon realized that His death, was only the beginning… I thought that my sin was too big, too large to cover up…
In all reality, I thought my sin was bigger than His death…

But His death is enough… His blood covered my sin.. His resurrection washed me white as snow....My life was buried with Him…
I was made new….

“ I see no stain on you my child, your beautiful to Me.” – Beloved, Kari Jobe

2 comments:

Grandma Hamerdinger said...

Grandma,and your Mom and Dad knew you would return. Raise a child in the way that they should go, and in the end they will return.

GRANDPA said...

yOU ARE JUST LIKE YOUR MOM. GOD FEARING, REPENTANT AND IN THE RIGHT PLACE....LOVE GRANDPA,
IAM FILLED WITH JOY WHEN I READ YOUR BLOG....