Thursday, May 6, 2010

Camp Humphrey’s bound…

This morning was bright and the air was fresh after yesterdays fog. The family woke after a long nights rest, got ourselves dressed, fed, caffeinated (of course) and begin the long tedious journey of loading 18 bags and making the short trek across the street to where the bus loads. Today was the day! The day we travel from Yongsan to Humphrey’s. Mike has been stationed at Camp Humphrey’s, so for us, this will be where we call home for the next 4 years. The bus arrived late and the kids waited ever so patiently at the stop with no entertainment. I say patiently, but for those who know my children, patiently accompanies 40 “ when is the bus going to be here?” followed by “ I have to go pee!” and the ever so exciting “ Its taking a long time!” None the less, we pushed on! The bus was close to empty, which gave our family plenty of room to stretch and breathe. Kayden relaxed and played his DS, Michael played his gameboy with daddy, and Lily napped the entire hour and fifteen minute hike! We arrived and were immediately greeted by 2 men in Mike’s unit. Each brought their car, one brought his car seats, and we loaded on up… 18 bags, 5 Stafford’s, and 2 soldiers who know what its like to be displaced… They toured us around the base, showed us where the schools were located, pointed out the Starbucks (and necessity like air,) got us situated in the hotel, took us for lunch, and even helped Mike get papers for housing. Talk about service. They have been a huge answer to prayer. Just yesterday, I wore myself sick wondering if people would be hospitable, warm, encouraging; and fresh off the bus, we are greeted by smiles of hope! Smiles to calm an anxious mom, a fearful newcomer, and a stressed out wife. I sit now, in the hotel room with 3 napping children, worn out by a hard day of shuffling from one place to the next. I am sure they will wake soon and be ready to take on this new adventure, but for now I breathe; I take a moment to just relish in all the God is doing… Once again, God has shown himself faithful! Even after His perfect track record, I worried!?! How easily I forget how big He is, how perfect His plans are for me, and how involved in my life He chooses to be. He amazes me. I simply amaze myself, too. Not for the same reasons though. I amaze myself at how quickly I turn to my fleshly desires and worry or stress… After all God has revealed to me, I still fall, stumble, and crack… I know this process will never be perfected, I just pray that I draw closer to Him through all of this.


1 Peter 1:6-7 "In this you greatly rejoice though now for a little while you may have to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire- may be proven genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. "

Lord, refine me….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, relax and enjoy the experiences your going thru. This should be an exciting time for all of you.

Anonymous said...

You will be getting settled in soon. Your blogs keep my spirits up.And seeing the smiles on your little angels faces brings a smile to mine also.
Love Grandma