Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rainy day, restless bodies, renewed spirits...

Today is gloomy and dreary... The rain falls, the fog stays low, and the kids grow restless. Amidst all of this, my spirits lift. I received an email from my friend Jen yesterday, reminding me of a few the promises the Lord has given. Not just to me, but to all who believe. Promises to carry, empower , love.... the list went on. My favorite promise was to renew. To renew MY strength. Little ole me? Supermom! In need of a renewal? As the hotel grows smaller, and the childrens patience wearing, I read on. Isaiah 40:28-31 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understandings no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power to the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grown faint." What an awesome promise to cling to. To simply be reminded that His understandings NO ONE can fathom... I keep finding myself trying to figure Him out. To figure out His plan for my life. He is Mighty, He is Holy, and He has everything under control. I simply need to let go.. To stop wondering when our stuff will arrive, stop worrying if the kids are going to fit in, stop wondering if I will find friends... He was promised to renew me... The only strength I need is Him... His strength, His guidance, His peace..... I need to cling to the promise that he has prepared a way for me. That He has gone before me, shielded my path, and hand picked people that will come my way.. People that will impact me, and people whom I can impact. People who are lost and seeking, and people who will incourage my walk, when I am seeking.. I hope in Him...
The kids getting restless in the hotel room.. They are eager to go puddle jumping!

The view from the room.. You can see how foggy it is by simply comparing this picture with the next... This picture was taken today and the next was taken yesterday.

Yesterday... You can see the city of Seoul in the background.

No comments: